- The Kross Tutorials with a list of tutorials available for Kross@KDE4.
- The Kross API Reference contains the online class reference created using doxygen.
- The KSpread Scripting Tutorial does show how Kross is used within the KSpread spreadsheet application. I would suggest to take a look at the dockers-example since it shows how QWidgets from PyQt and QtRuby are embedded dynamic into our KSpread C++ application :-)
- The Krita Scripting Tutorial does show how Kross is used within the Krita Painting and Image Editing application.
- The SuperKaramba Tutorial does show how Kross is used within SuperKaramba to allow KDE4 desktop gadgets written in different scripting languages.
- The Kross in kdelibs code does the main work like loading the interpreter plugins and offers the functionality to deal with scripts on a higher interpreter-independend level.
The both Python and Ruby plugins are not included in kdelibs. They are currently located in the KOffice libraries but will move soon to kdebindings. Both plugins are optional loaded at runtime if installed.
- The Python plugin implements access to the Python interpreter.
- The Ruby plugin implements access to the Ruby interpreter.
Following backends are work on progress;
- The Kexi Scripting Plugin implements a Kexi plugin to dynamic access the scripting functionality from within Kexi.
- Kopete Scripting Plugin using Kross.
Out of date
While all other resources within this webpages are dealing with Kross 2.0 based on Qt4 and KDE4, following links are for the Kross 1.x implementation based on Qt3+KDE3 as shipped with KOffice 1.5.x and 1.6.x.
- Scripting Tour
- Scripting Handbook
- KOffice 1.6 SVN (stable)
- KOffice 1.5 SVN (previous stable)
- Scripting Wiki